Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here you will find research and planning, construction evidence, and evaluation for my AS foundation portfolio.

Friday 3 February 2012

Planning my Article

Article
My article is going to be about a band named Mute and it will be surrounding their new upcoming album and latest gigs. I plan to begin with an opening introduction giving a summary of the band, then follow into an interview with questions and answers, asking the different band members selected questions. Meaning it will be in first person, creating synthetic personalisation.


Style
Words and jargon such as rock, gigs, indie, mosh pits will be asked and used in the article to add realism. Other musical words such as instruments, venues, managers and touring will be also used, again adding realism and giving me the opportunity to add a variety of questions.


Beginning
For the introduction I will style it in a summary/anecdote structure, allowing me to give the reader a summary of who the band is, what they are about, and who their main audience is, which is alternate indie that links to my magazine. This also allows me to illustrate their success in the past year. I plan to begin it with a rhetorical question, inviting the reader to have their own opinion and feel involved, making them want to read on further. I will then go on to add dramatic quotes and facts.


Extra text on the page
The article is going to promote the bands new album and gig dates, therefore I plan to insert a track list from their new album, as well as dates and venues for their latest gigs. I am going to add a website link for the readers, allowing them to look up the interview live and new music videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment