Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here you will find research and planning, construction evidence, and evaluation for my AS foundation portfolio.

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Primary Audience Research

 


I conducted some primary research in order to:
-find out what appeals to my target audience
-to discover any flaws or potential improvements that could be made to my magazine genre
-to identify any gaps in the market and place a refreshing new twist on the genre


These are the chosen products that I conducted my research on, and these are the following questions that I asked:
What type of genre is the magazine?
Does the images fit the contents?
Does it make you want to read on?
Does the consistency flow?
What is the target audience?
Is the font appropriate?

From the research I did, with a selective from my target audience, I found that:
The genre of the magazine is Indie/mainstream/rock styled. The images do fit the contents, because the contents frame the images. The image on the front page matches the contents.
The consistency does flow, because of  the selected band being, The Arctic Monkeys being on both the contents and the front cover.
The target audience would be between 13-25.
The font is standard, making it understandable and easy to read, making it interesting.
The front page catches the readers eye and makes you want to read on. The bands included also makes the reader want to read on and find out about the bands included.

The target audience is a large variety and range, I am going to link my magazine in with this and also make the target audience large. The font is clear, bold, bright and large making it eye catching, and again making it easy to read and stand out on the back round image. I am going to use similar styled photographs to make the magazine link together and make the consistency flow much easier. The bands people I will chose to insert are going to be indie/rock styled. Aiming at the audiences attention and making them want to read on with my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment